Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Condolance Gap?

Mary Katherine Ham over at the Townhall.com blog observes that all three major Democratic candidates managed to get messages of condolence up about the Virginia Tech shooting in a timely manner yesterday, while none of the Republicans managed to do the same. In truth, I doubt if this means that the three Republicans care any less, but it does demonstrate a lack of nimbleness.

And that raises a question, for me at least. In the early days of blogging, it certainly seemed that rightish blogs -- libertarian and conservative -- seemed to predominate. And even though that's changed with Kos and the like, quite a few of the leading blogs still lean that way. And yet the Democrats seem to have embraced the web much more rapidly and effectively as a political tool.

I don't have any elaborate theory yet, although I am sure I will come up with one at some point. I do wonder how it will play out.

No comments: